European School Heads Association
ESHA, the European School Heads Association, is a professional organisation for European School Heads. Members of ESHA are national organisations for school heads and deputy school heads within primary and secondary education. Nearly all European countries (both EU and non-EU) are represented within ESHA by one or more organisations.
ESHA is an international community in which experiences, visions and views between the members are exchanged and in which new ideas are born.
Aims for ESHA are:
- discussing and developing views within the ESHA-membership on innovative education and on school leadership
- promoting these views on the European level
- influencing the policy of the European institutions (Commission, Parliament)
- promoting international exchange and cooperation
- supporting the member organisations to play their role on the national level
- emphasizing the particular role of the school head and promoting conditions that improve the quality of school leadership